Sometimes I need a little push...
Blame it on my constant need for approval, my ability to think things over for days weeks months, plus my undeniable talent of cooking up excuses. Talk about the perfect recipe for the P word (Procrastination!).
So maybe I should have have written this entry, six months ago, like I planned. but all I needed was a little push..
Now im on my way Internet! :) Im taking a GIANT leap and fighting the odds! I'm chasing a dream I've had since the age of nine.Yes nine! While most kids voiced their dreams of becoming doctors, teachers, veterinarians, and astronauts, I had a different dream. I talked about traveling the world and being a photographer. It wasn't a common dream for a nine year old, but I was in love with photographs.
On my ninth birthday I received two of my favorite gifts as a child, a Pocahontas purse with a matching wallet (of course), and a thick olive green photo album. I carefully spent days filling the album with family photos I collected. Every few weeks I would carry the heavy album to a quiet place. As soon as I would open it, I would travel through time, reliving moments and feelings, filling me with laughter or tears. Since then I've known the power photography holds. But lets be honest! Back then I wasn't your ideal photographer.. I tried, but every negative was a NEGATIVE! (no pun intended). So I put the camera down, and kept my dream a secret, yet the escape of my olive green album kept me content.
Today I'm a different me! Although I sometimes need a little push, I don't need my hand to be held every step of the way. I know what I want, and I wont give up until I get there. I want to create photographs that move people. Photographs that not only help them travel through time, but melt their soul when they revisit. Photographs that hold that very essence of that moment in their lives.
So as I take this leap and fight, I will be writing about my journey. So I can always look back and remind myself that its not just my dream I'm fighting for, but the nine year old who put her camera down and gave up.
CHEERS to learning how to turn negatives into positives! :)
"cuando un hombre (mujer) tiende sus alas asia la exelcitud inaxesible de una estrella es porque lleva en su alma el resorte imperceptible de Un Ideal (sueno)" Jose Ingenieros. jamas imagine que tuvieras ese coco
ReplyDelete