Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alex, my blessing, inspiration, my brother.

When I last left my blog I was in the middle of a series of post dedicated to my inspiration and support. There are four people in my life who I hold dear to my heart and who have helped me get where I am at. You can read the previous post here, here, & here.

Alex is my oldest brother. Alex is a blessing. Alex is my inspiration. I will forever be grateful to have such an amazing brother in my life.
Ten years ago, we lived in a hospital waiting room. Almost everyday was filled with tears. My family and I learned to desperately hold on to hope. Alex lied in a hospital bed fighting for his life. His first week there is he was in intensive care, and doctors claimed he wouldn't make it, that this was his end. But it wasn't the case. Soon enough he was transfered out of intensive care yet he was still in a coma. Doctors told us if he ever came out of that coma he would be a breathing vegetable. But it wasn't the case. It took a few weeks but he came out of the coma, and after a few months he was back home. He was badly injured in his left arm and the right side of his skull, brain, and eye were badly damaged, and although doctors said he would never regain the mobility of his arm he proved them wrong, and never stopped proving everyone wrong.

Since then he has been told "No" an infinite amount of times. When people said he would never be able to drive again, he worked hard to get his license. He went back to school and studied harder than anyone i've seen (well besides my mom) and received his barber license.
  
He never gives up. I've seen him come some far. He fought for his dreams when everything was taken from him. He is our pride and joy! My brother is not only my daily remainder to be thankful, but he is my inspiration. He is loving and dedicated. He teaches me to do all things right and fight against all odds. I love him so much, and I will forever be grateful to him and for him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment